What's new

Oh NO! It's BACK!

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spring! Birdies. Green Grass. Warmer temps. The tree frogs were singing outside today. Farmers putting out the stinky liquid fertilizer. Which means the digging season here is almost OVER!

Anything but that!
 
Spring! Birdies. Green Grass. Warmer temps. The tree frogs were singing outside today. Farmers putting out the stinky liquid fertilizer. Which means the digging season here is almost OVER!

Anything but that!

i di'nt hear no frogs singin ? maybe thats cuz my feet hurt so much i heard them screamin.
 
Funny. For the first time this year, there were quite a few out in the woods singing. Looking for love. The geese are getting mean and testy, and the eagles have nested. Robins and numerous other bird species are back. I'm going to need to have the grass mowed in about 3 weeks, earliest ever. Lots of bugs are out too!
 
Nothing down south but those darn Skeeter hawks. They are everywhere. You can't open the door without gettin a face full.
 
Spring! Birdies. Green Grass. Warmer temps. The tree frogs were singing outside today. Farmers putting out the stinky liquid fertilizer. Which means the digging season here is almost OVER!

Anything but that!


I thought that meant the season was just getting started:dontknow:
 
Not here. I don't do ticks. And I can't do heat anymore. Most people won't let you do their lawns once the grass is up and the farmers will plant in 4-5 weeks.
 
Up here, the first thing I notice is all the "yard bombs" left by our puppy in the yard once the snow melts.
 
Very Strange Winter this year.
I Still think We'll get Buried Around Easter or Memorial Weekend with a record 3+ Feet Snow Fall/Blizzard

000aaa.webp

I Do remember a Mild winter at the beginning of the 21st Century Where I Was Detecting in Dec. & Jan.
But definitely rare to not have a snow Fall over 3" - 4" & No temps below 0°F that I Remember
 
Last edited:
Jeff, it wouldn't be the first time we had a March blizzard, but it better hurry up or will miss all the fun. I think it's going to go from the warm temps we've had all winter to 80's in no time at all. I can't do the heat anymore, seriously.
 
Jeff, it wouldn't be the first time we had a March blizzard, but it better hurry up or will miss all the fun. I think it's going to go from the warm temps we've had all winter to 80's in no time at all. I can't do the heat anymore, seriously.

Heavy Rain hitting the Windowpane as I Was Typing This

000bbb.webp

As for the Heat



I Still Prefer The Heat.

Yes I Spend a Large amount of Time in Front of Fans these days in the Heat.

But it does Not Hurt, Like the Extreme Cold does.
& The fan or AC Cools me down Immediately.
the AC Too Much at times !

I've been Chilled to the Bone & Wanted to step in a fire to Warm up.
But something tells me I would have been Shivering as I Burned to death.
 
Last edited:
I don't know if anyone has noticed but I don't have nearly as many finds as I did two or three years ago, mainly because I don't do as many trips. I used to do 3-4 trips in a 7 day week. Now, it's maybe 1 in 10 days. I am going on a long one tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
I don't think a billion will keep you in that last one, with the taxes and all...I had to have a hot water heater put in today. The "old" one was 2.5 years old and wasn't even dirty and it started leaking. Fortunately the old one was on warranty. I got preauthorization from the manufacturer, a store card for the return, we picked out the exact same one, these days it doesn't matter any more, and of course we needed new pipes, fittings, etc. When we got done, I got my credit card out and the lady looked at me funny. Price must have gone down because I still have $1.29 in credit! Go figure!
 
I don't think a billion will keep you in that last one, with the taxes and all...I had to have a hot water heater put in today. The "old" one was 2.5 years old and wasn't even dirty and it started leaking. Fortunately the old one was on warranty. I got preauthorization from the manufacturer, a store card for the return, we picked out the exact same one, these days it doesn't matter any more, and of course we needed new pipes, fittings, etc. When we got done, I got my credit card out and the lady looked at me funny. Price must have gone down because I still have $1.29 in credit! Go figure!

My Hot water heater Fell part way through the floor, in my Other Place.
Was still working (Propane) But was The
"leaning tower of Hot water" :laughing7:


Had to be Propped Up to prevent it from busting a line again.
 
Fortunately I used to "borrow" my dad's tools way back in the day, to his dismay, so had the thing partially disconnected by the time my contractor friend arrived.
 
Huh? Isn't spring when the ground deep under snow stops being concrete and you don't have to wear thick gloves and heavy parkas? Time to START detecting.
 
You're too far north. It's already hot down south and the rattlers are out. A friend got to know one up close and personal 2 weeks ago, fortunately he did not get bitten.
 
Trees here haven't even begun to look like Spring..I'll check
the Cherry tree tomorrow, as it's usually the first one to produce
buds.

Nuthin' but cold, wet and nasty..just cold enough to almost
snow, but not quite. Local hills just 1000ft. higher than us are loaded
with snow still.

Brush my cat every day, and he hasn't even started shedding his Winter
coat. He's laying right here by my feet, snuggled up to the oil filled radiator.
(he's old and wise).

Winters like this are why Washington is a legal weed state...kos.gif

Jeff, glad to hear you got out of that house...I believe that old place saw
it's best days many decades ago.
 
Last edited:
Its been unseasonably warm here all winter. Two blink and they are gone already snows, no accumulation. No ice either.
 
we had ice storms. all night time ice/ daytime melts
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom