Ohio Silver & Civil War Bullet!

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil
Ohio Silver & Civil War Bullet!

Yesterday I was able to take off and go hunting. It had been a week since my last hunt and I had the itch for silver. I found a lot of clad at the first park and was about to quit when I found a 1942 Washington quarter. That made me stay longer. A little while later I got another good hit. It was a 1961D Rosie. Things started to slow way down so I moved on to another site. My first good target there was a 1935 Mercury dime. Then I found something very unexpected. I got a deep hit. The conductivity number was 31. When I swept from another direction, it changed to a consistent 34. I was thinking it was an Indian Head cent as I dug. Then I got a big surprise...a Civil War 3-ringer bullet!!!!! I couldn't believe it and just kept staring at it. What a hunt! Dan

All finds from the hunt
4631097834_13d2449a50.jpg

Good finds
4631098268_028f154369.jpg

Civil War 3-Ringer!!!
If anyone knows more about this bullet, please let me know. It weighs 1.1 oz/33 grams.
4630499823_5192b97437.jpg

Here's a video from the hunt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRpQWGCf4w

Upvote 0

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ohio Silver & Civil War Bullet!

Great finds Dan ! :headbang:I always look forward to seeing your videos .WTG
Glen

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT

I found a .69 caliber drop down here in SE ohio.. but well north of where morgans raiders were.... civil war things here are rare indeed.. congrats! I also have half of the cafederate sword buckle... I have the wreath,,,, now I could only find that tongue LOL

black651

May 6, 2009
Saint Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites Coinmaster, Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great finds! I would have stuck around after digging the silver too! :icon_thumright:

master mason

Apr 26, 2010
in a house
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax II fisher f 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice no bullets here YET just give me a few days maybe good silver too

mismi

Feb 10, 2010
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & White`s BeachHunter 300 ID

Excellent finds!

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola

Very good day. Your bullet is a US 3 ring mini. It looks like a .58 caliber. It has been fired. You can tell by the vertical lines on the bullet. They are from the rifling in the gun barrel.

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent finds parks give up the strangest things some times i pulled a 1823 LC out of the local park here ,that 3 ringer is a good find and video :thumbsup: Good hunt Dd60

dirtsearcher

Nov 18, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign,Ace 250,White's DFX, custom made waterproof detector

Great finds there..I found a civil war button about 6-7" down in a yard of a house built in 1860 here in Delaware,Ohio.

easttndigger

Mar 25, 2010
Kingsport ,TN
Detector(s) used
Whites vision, MXT

Looks like a .58 cal standard three ring minnie, im surprised to hear those are rare, we trip over them here in east tennessee, typically alot of the federal unts that formed throughout the civil war mustered here or there to train or camp passing through an area.....i wouldnt be surprised if you were to find several more in that area.....and that etrac will find them......good finds

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pretty neat finds, really like the 3 ringer. A few weeks ago, my buddies and I were hunting a park in Mansfield, Ohio and I also dug up a 3 ringer.

Here is Ohio, it isn't that hard to dig a CW Eagle button from time to time. But the 3 ringers for some reason are
harder to find.

Most folks don't know that Ohio had over 330,000 soldiers in the Civil War and like I tell people who ask about my CW finds, they lived somewhere. Many Eagle buttons are found relic hunting in fields. Some of those soldiers from Ohio probably lived in Log Cabins, that are now long gone and now are nothing but an open corn, bean or wheat field.

Thanks for the post, great video too!!

HH, Ringfinder

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread