What's new

Ok! Didnt blow em up, but, didnt skunk out either for my last hunt of 2015.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
12,680
Reaction score
43,404
Golden Thread
1
Location
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All in all, I feel VERY good about the nice smooth way 2015 has wound down for me. :)
The last three hunts were almost like the end of a fireworks display. Nice way to go out.

Not a whole lot today but as always, it stayed nice and interesting the whole way. I must confess
that I was feeling pretty tired today. Wasn't sure I could go for long but I just had to try.

Here's the take:

2015 (820).webp


2015 (821).webp2015 (822).webp
See what I mean about interesting? Strange button thingy.
Kid's coat or something else :dontknow:

2015 (823).webp
2015 (824).webp

Two fairly nice wheaties.

2015 (828).webp
Pretty much on my way to the car I got this weak but nice hit.
Since I was winding down I took my time getting this one out.
I wanted to see what & just how deep this was laying. Went into
my archaeologist mode. Noting the way the soil was and taking
one layer at a time until I could see the target.

Anyway, to make a longer story shorter, this was very impressive
to me! See how deep?

2015 (829).webp
2015 (830).webp
2015 (831).webp
2015 (832).webp

What better way to close out the year then with
a noble indian nickle? :)

The thing is, this target didn't act like a nickle from
start to finish! The ATP picked it up as a very weak
signal but a clear 75-80!!! AND, repeatable! Strange! LOL

I gave thanks for a wonderful way to finish up 2015. AND...
I went home! :)

2015 (826).webp2015 (827).webp
Here he is all cleaned up.

And with that.....I say I can call it a "wrap" for 2015!

2015 (825).webp

So, from Fishy, Blingster and me,

Here's to an even happier New Year in 2016.
Please be happy, healthy and safe!
 
Upvote 40
Great year end hunt, Whadi, congratulations. Can you determine the date on your Buffalo nickle? Am I seeing 1924? And that is a nice ring, is it silver? Happy Hunting in the New Year! Sub8-)
 
Nice digs Whadi. you went out with a bang. :occasion14: Hope you have a great 2016. Sure wish I could say the same for today's hunts.
 
Great year end hunt, Whadi, congratulations. Can you determine the date on your Buffalo nickle? Am I seeing 1924? And that is a nice ring, is it silver? Happy Hunting in the New Year! Sub8-)

I'm afraid my eyes just aren't good enough to see any date. But this coin looks like it might be a good candidate for one of those date raising potions. I might try. It is in fairly good condition.

The ring is just bling. But, they seem to be happy as I am. :)

Happy New Year Sub!
 
Good job on the year end hunt. Your nickel reminds me of this fellow>>>
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1451622790.957743.webp

Happy New Year.
 
Happy new year! I look forward to your 2016 posts!
 
Nice Finds! Google "old metal button lion." I looked around for you online a bit and decided the lions looked like a more probable path than dogs or "Barney" the dinosaur. Ha!
 
the animal on the button looks like a beaver nice finds thanks for all your fun posts love the lizard ( blingy )
 
Way to finish 'er off Whadi. Good year.
 
Nice Finds! Google "old metal button lion." I looked around for you online a bit and decided the lions looked like a more probable path than dogs or "Barney" the dinosaur. Ha!

the animal on the button looks like a beaver nice finds thanks for all your fun posts love the lizard ( blingy )

Ya know...I kind of thought beaver or otter or some such. The tail doesn't appear to be flat.
Probably just off some kid's blazer. :dontknow: :)

Thanks!
 
Nice hunt and very impressive depth on the buff.
Dontcha' just love the fact that they're hiding way down there and you can just pluck them from the dirt and carry 'em home??

Congrats on a good ending to a good year. Good luck and HH in 2016....
 
My first thought on the button was..... holy crap its Barney .:laughing7: Nice way to end your year good luck in 2016
 
Nice hunt and very impressive depth on the buff.
Dontcha' just love the fact that they're hiding way down there and you can just pluck them from the dirt and carry 'em home??

Congrats on a good ending to a good year. Good luck and HH in 2016....

Thanks!

And, yeah I gotta admit. As many coins as I have dug over the years, this buff was really impressive! Strange
too! The ATP almost never rings higher than a 55 on any nickle. This gave a clearly higher sound.

Happy New Year!
 
Thanks!

And, yeah I gotta admit. As many coins as I have dug over the years, this buff was really impressive! Strange
too! The ATP almost never rings higher than a 55 on any nickle. This gave a clearly higher sound.

Happy New Year!

Sometimes when they're deep like that you can get some strange signals.
 
Not a bad day out gary!, crazy to think we can still dig this late in the season, happy new year!
 
Shhhh! Don't say that too loud....just dig!!!

Nice finds & last stroll for 2015!
And look at that! Your smiling!
:thumbup::D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom