What's new

Ok, going on my first hunt next weekend...

lafatlife

Hero Member
Joined
May 14, 2008
Messages
506
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
CT
I am so excited about this!!! Aside from my detector,digger, and extra batteries, anyone have any suggestions on what to bring with me? I have never been to one of these. I have rain gear I can put in the car and some snacks and a water bottle. This will be an all day event.

For those of you experienced, what do you suggest? Any "ut-oh" moments that you wish you had thought of before the hunt?

Thanks. :)
 
camera to take pictures
sunscreen
bug spray
asprin
gloves help for sharp objects, stickers, and thorns

Most important a GO GET THEM ATTITUDE

Good luck! Have Fun
 
Some of that smelly handwash to clean your hands after digging all them coins!!!
 
Xtra digger, Xtra water, cell phone ,energy bars , GPS to track the hunt.
 
:thumbsup: Guess Whomm Else Thou will be there
MEEEEEEEEEEE Garrettman64
and Looking foreward to it
see
 
If you have a rain bonnet for your detector bring it or a clear baggy. I like a belt with my pouch on it for finds and trash. I also put my small gator digger on it and I carry my relic shovel.

Ed D.
 
After our last outing our next day out will include an extra gallon of water in the trunk and some hand cleaner. I had to drive home with the days mud caked to my hands and the steering wheel.
Joe

Hope you find a lot and have a great time.
 
Thanks everyone!
Sniffer, your link just took me to the forum index.
 
Metal Detector(s)
Extra coils
Headphones
Pin Pointer
Shovel
Trowels/Digging Tools
Gloves
Knee Pads
Bug Spray
Sun Screen
Extra Batteries
Finds Pouch
Back Pack
Magnifying Glass
Binoculars
Towel(s)
Wet Wipes
Hat/Cap
Rain Gear
Warm Clothes
Camera
Zip Lock Bags (for finds)
Camp Chair(s)
Camping Gear (for those who are camping out)
Cooking/Eating Utensils
Food/Snacks/Drinks
Linens/Pillow/Sleeping Bag
Towels/Washcloths
Display(s) of finds for “Show & Tell”
Music instruments – for those who plan to play

I think this one about covers it
 
Thanks that should do it....more than enough. :)
 
pending on where and how long i would put a pistol on that list and a tent and a sleeping bag also
 
Uh...no pistol and do not need a sleeping bag. It is a one day event but it is all day. I will have to include my heat wrap for my back because after 8 hours I'll be feeling it. Many of the things listed I know I will not need but there are some good ideas there that I didn't think of.
 
Bring a colapsable chair, There is never enough places to sit, If there are they are usually wet :thumbsup: Have fun.
 
LaFatLife,

Just ran across your post about your upcoming hunt. I can think of a few other things I know you will need. A mailer envelope with my address on it for all those coins for me to inspect, ::). I know your going to find them with all that practise you been doing.

Batteries, take extras just incase. I went out one time and a couple of the new batteries I put in were defective and drained my machine 1/2 threw the hunt. Ofcourse there were fellow MDers more then willing to give me some to finish the hunt.

Good pinpointer. If they aren't burying them to deep a good PP can make the difference between waisting time searching and just popping a coin out with the use of a good pinpointer. Can't wait to hear how you do...Good Luck.
 
tinkb said:
LaFatLife

Thanks Tinkb and you would pronounce the name Laf-at-Life. not La-Fat-Life.....although....that would loosely translate to "the good life" so I suppose that could work too.

:)

Hmm...envelope huh??? LOL
 
I want to go paid dues bur not shure if i will make it i get lost every where i go even with derictions :-[but will try to go ???
 
Sorry, I did think it meant a good lifr thou. La Fat Life But good luck on the hunt and get a lot of goodies.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom