Ok..kinda like DP BOBs post about dumpster diving...eyeball finds while driving

Yellowhouse

Jun 24, 2009
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Prizm IV; MXT; Ace 250
Re: Ok..kinda like DP BOB's post about dumpster diving...eyeball finds while driving

Tweren't me but here in town recently someone found several and I mean several Kruggerands in and around a dumpster. I figure a thief thought they were worthless foreign coins and chunked them. But then again crazier things have happened.

I never see anything on the highway except when I can't go back and get it before someone else does ...like on the interstate.

On any abandoned car we'ed always pop the rear seats out........usually good for several coins and maybe a silver quarter or two.

Bought 15 years ago my wife was in Wally World and one of our very educated clerks gave her a Merc back in change. She looked at it and the clerk said "Yes it is kinda funny looking and I'' give you something else back if you like". My wife declined and peeked into the change drawer seeing more she asked if she could get the rest. Yep, and she came out with a whole roll of em.

I used to make a habit of peeking into those drawers for silver halves and quarters but hardly anymore...seems like they are all mostly gone. I still look though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread