Ok now i will give some advice ;)

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
Ok here is a story for everyone. I went yesterday with my daughter and my hunting buddy to go arrowhead hunting. I went and picked up my buddy at 430 - 500pm and we were just going to check the site out before dark and see if it was any good. Well we got to where the directions that someone had written me. and i guess i went to the wrong spot. it was wet and some mud holes were in the old road where we were. I looked at my buddy and said i hope that we dont get stuck. now remember i drive a 71 vw bus...... well no 30 seconds later i was stuck and i was stuck bad! so need less to say we sat there for about 3 hrs waiting for someone to come and pull us out. and we still have found NO arrowheads!!!! :( maybe next time!

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Sorry you were stuck...but I would have been out hunting while waiting for someone to get me out of the muck.... ;)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you had your cell phone and could get a signal . That sucks! Monty

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Sometimes you gotta look at what good came from a mishap. Maybe you and your buddy needed sometime to talk, or higher powers knew you needed to be delayed to avoid a terrible tragedy. Maybe the person that pulled you out needed to feel like they had done something good for a change and left feeling like a hero.

One good thing thats certain, you're ok, your passengers are ok and the van survived to cruise down the road towards more future treasure hunts!

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
Wow gypsyheart
a woman with a metal detector and practicle too?
I AM IN LOVE

OP
OP
bryan

bryan

Feb 7, 2006
Southern Illinois
Charlene said:
Sometimes you gotta look at what good came from a mishap. Maybe you and your buddy needed sometime to talk, or higher powers knew you needed to be delayed to avoid a terrible tragedy. Maybe the person that pulled you out needed to feel like they had done something good for a change and left feeling like a hero.

thanks everyone, Charlene that is true everything happens for a reason....

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Bryan,

Been there, done that :-[
We finally smartened up about 25 yrs ago, and started bringing a come-a-long with us everywhere! Luckily, we had it with us last Oct. when we had the camper stuck up to it's frame in sand on the OBX!! dur.......I thought older, was supposed to mean smarter ???

Good luck on your return trip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread