OK, You found a dead body in the woods.

Years ago I was scuba diving in a lake in miami and I found this rotting cloth sack. I took it up on shore and inside was a tin box with some bones ( very small ones). Also a load of jewelry from about the 1920's and before. Military medals from WW2 and cheap costume stuff too. There was a plastic credit card from 1960 with a mans name. This must have been one of the first credit cards.
I'm not sure what the bones were, a pet, a human, no idea.

Ok, you find a dead body in the woods or underwater while diving. Would you remove jewelry and wallet? If you call the police as you should, you can't do it from a cell phone or home phone, so how would you notify them? Would it bother you to just leave him or her where they croaked?:icon_scratch:
:coffee2:8-) OK, my take on these strangely dark humored questions and answers... Mr. Sandman is obviously bored, or something, for starting this... Yes, some of the responses are kinda' krazy, or ?... Just clues we all must be a little krazy to respond, though a lot of interesting experiences, and some sad... Thankfully, I haven't had that unpleasant experience, but if I did: If it seemed it was an old Indian , say out in the woods, I may just respectfully re-cover it, with soil and maybe rocks, but that's depending on where it was, while wondering if it was possibly the remains of my Ancient Kin... No one waiting for closure, we all know how that turned out... A more recent body, I'd definitely not touch it, or anything on or around it, and notify the proper authority... GOD... Just Funnin' Ha! HA!

Last edited:
I started this thread for entertainment like I razz the ATP guys to get them to post. I never thought about gold teeth from old folks. Thanks.:occasion14:

one kick with engineer boots and there all yours
just kidding

Years ago I was scuba diving in a lake in miami and I found this rotting cloth sack. I took it up on shore and inside was a tin box with some bones ( very small ones). Also a load of jewelry from about the 1920's and before. Military medals from WW2 and cheap costume stuff too. There was a plastic credit card from 1960 with a mans name. This must have been one of the first credit cards.
I'm not sure what the bones were, a pet, a human, no idea.

This thread is funny, off and on, but seriously?

I get it that it might be wise to report a freshish body anonymously so as not to have to deal with the "authorities," but anything we find by digging or diving won't likely put us under suspicion, especially obviously old stuff.

If you find human remains, or what you suspect may be human remains, report them. Duh.

This thread has some way of always staying fresh. I wish the same could be said for the subjects at hand.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Things will change when the weather finally turns nice and we're all out MD'ing, and start finding the goodies the frost heaves have brought up with in detecting range. Then I probably won't even notice the non moving form!

There is a forth option ya know.

Which kinda depends on how long she has been there...

I am just waiting to get a Jewelry spill from a Hudson river floater that jumps off of the Newburgh-Beacon/Bear Mountain/Tappan Zee Bridges, since its a pretty regular occurrence.
New York?s Grim Sign of Spring: Floating Corpses - Metropolis - WSJ
2013-NWE-0716-Body-Found-at-Riverfront.jpg

nh bandit...it does not surprise me that he made that comment...look at his stats...NRA Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County....it is like a cop busting someone for weed and then smoking it themselves... he should be ashamed of himself...I hold my FFL and some gun guys are just a little too proud of themselves with attitudes...enough said...fire away!!!

nh bandit...it does not surprise me that he made that comment...look at his stats...NRA Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County....it is like a cop busting someone for weed and then smoking it themselves... he should be ashamed of himself...I hold my FFL and some gun guys are just a little too proud of themselves with attitudes...enough said...fire away!!!
you have to know sandman he doesn't mean anything bad by it. He is a very good guy and was prob just bored or trying to be funny. I took him the wrong way the first few times he posted on Garrett forums but have gotten to know him and seems to be a very nice fellow. I doubt he thought this post would offend anyone but it looks like it may have offended a couple people.

Last edited:
call it in straight away. I have to admit i found iron patch's reply quite humorous. :laughing7:

I think its a fair question. Never really thought about it, but it could happen. I would not touch it and call the police, but anonymously from a pay phone.

I think its a fair question. Never really thought about it, but it could happen. I would not touch it and call the police, but anonymously from a pay phone.
If you can find a pay phone... Scarcer than hens teeth in many parts of the country today.

If you can find a pay phone... Scarcer than hens teeth in many parts of the country today.

good point. if i couldn't find one, id send a letter to the police.

If I found gold, it would be fun to toss it in the car and bring it to my back yard in Mexico, which is around 125 yards from where I think Moctezuma's treasure is buried. Of course, if it was gold coins which said USA on it, that might complicate things.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back