hard.times.lures
Tenderfoot
I thought I would try my hand at coin sorting and went to my bank in my small town in Oklahoma. I requested they order a bag of half dollars for me. The teller I spoke to said they did not carry any half dollars. I asked her if they would order some. She refered me to the head teller and I was told they would have to call some person and to come back latter.
When I returned, they advised me that I would need to order $1000.00 worth (2,000 coins). I said that this would be OK with me. I then asked if I could return what coins I didn't want at a latter date. I was told that they did not like half dollars and that they would take them back, but it was very clear they did not like the idea.
So, I don't think this would be something that I could do again. They acted like it was some trouble to order them and didn't like it.
How common is this
? I can go to another small town near me, but I wonder if I would get the same treatment there?
I have one more question. If you had to guess (and I know it is a guess), what percent of silver would you estimate you find when searching large bags?
Thanks for all your help,
Bryan
When I returned, they advised me that I would need to order $1000.00 worth (2,000 coins). I said that this would be OK with me. I then asked if I could return what coins I didn't want at a latter date. I was told that they did not like half dollars and that they would take them back, but it was very clear they did not like the idea.
So, I don't think this would be something that I could do again. They acted like it was some trouble to order them and didn't like it.
How common is this
? I can go to another small town near me, but I wonder if I would get the same treatment there?I have one more question. If you had to guess (and I know it is a guess), what percent of silver would you estimate you find when searching large bags?
Thanks for all your help,
Bryan
Upvote
0
Now, you have invited the demons of the forum to come out and blast you for taking dump coins back to your pick up bank. Im just warning you, its about to begin. LOL take it with a grain of salt though. they mean well.
other than that, Welcome aboard 







