What's new

OLD BADGE

hmmm

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2007
Messages
830
Reaction score
99
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: can any one point me to a expert on old badges.
this one has king george written on it, but the number is gone.
i am theorising 1860 canadain indian agent badge, because one went missing in the location in 1860. :coffee2:
i no longer have the badge so pictures are all i have.
 

Attachments

  • badgeback213.webp
    badgeback213.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 687
  • kingqueen.webp
    kingqueen.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 696
  • eddysbadge.webp
    eddysbadge.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 687
  • kingqueen.webp
    kingqueen.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 689
  • badgeback213.webp
    badgeback213.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 687
  • badgeback2.webp
    badgeback2.webp
    188.3 KB · Views: 688
here is a good picture of the front of the badge. :read2:
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0133.webp
    DSCF0133.webp
    339.5 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 0
INTERISTING before the site went down someone id it as a centenial badge, but now there post is gone, hmmm
 
Upvote 0
I guess I'm not sure how you made the jump from King George to an Indian agent badge from 1860. Queen Victoria was the reigning monarch of the UK from 1837 to 1901. Her husband was Prince Albert (not in a can). If you are referring to George III or George IV, I've never seen a picture of either with that hairstyle or facial hair. From your pictures, it seems the male figure has a moustache and a Van Dyke beard. As further evidence, George IV historically disliked his wife, not even allowing her to attend his coronation, so I'd be very suprised if he had her image next to his on a badge. As Crusader pointed out, King George V had the same type of facial hair as on the pin. It does seem like the degeneration of the object is a bit more than I'd expect from a pin dropped in 1911 though. To tell you the truth, the word after KING on the pin looks a lot more to me like OSCAR(of the sardine can fame) rather than GEORGE. He was crowned in Norway in 1872 and was already married to Princess Sophia Wilhelmina at the time, so I'd suggest this might be a coronation commemorative for him, given the excessive amount of decay it's undergone. That's just my tuppence worth, lol.
 
Upvote 0
Fast_Dave said:
I guess I'm not sure how you made the jump from King George to an Indian agent badge from 1860. Queen Victoria was the reigning monarch of the UK from 1837 to 1901. Her husband was Prince Albert (not in a can). If you are referring to George III or George IV, I've never seen a picture of either with that hairstyle or facial hair. From your pictures, it seems the male figure has a moustache and a Van Dyke beard. As further evidence, George IV historically disliked his wife, not even allowing her to attend his coronation, so I'd be very suprised if he had her image next to his on a badge. As Crusader pointed out, King George V had the same type of facial hair as on the pin. It does seem like the degeneration of the object is a bit more than I'd expect from a pin dropped in 1911 though. To tell you the truth, the word after KING on the pin looks a lot more to me like OSCAR(of the sardine can fame) rather than GEORGE. He was crowned in Norway in 1872 and was already married to Princess Sophia Wilhelmina at the time, so I'd suggest this might be a coronation commemorative for him, given the excessive amount of decay it's undergone. That's just my tuppence worth, lol.
HI DAVE
you could be right, i have a better picture.
 

Attachments

  • kg.webp
    kg.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 385
  • kg.webp
    kg.webp
    87.9 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
The saltwater environment put some heavy patina on your badge hmmm. May I suggest to look at other badges and medallions for the shape of the makers mark.
 

Attachments

  • badgeback213.webp
    badgeback213.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0
I tried for way too long to find a similar badge... only got similar likenesses. No doubt about "who" but no idea about what.
 
Upvote 0
IT IS FRUSTRATING.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom