What's new

Old Blacksmith Iron ID please

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2008
Messages
12,783
Reaction score
143
Golden Thread
0
Location
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this about a month ago at a site I have visited in the past searching for CW relics. I have been intrigued with it wondering what it it is! Maybe an old key? or just a pin to connect lets say, a wagon?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00032.webp
    DSC00032.webp
    90.3 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00033.webp
    DSC00033.webp
    70.6 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00034.webp
    DSC00034.webp
    80.5 KB · Views: 303
  • DSC00035.webp
    DSC00035.webp
    61.3 KB · Views: 306
possibly a blacksmith's hardy .
 
Upvote 0
I detect an area where a historical blacksmith shop once stood. It was a main trade area in our town. I have found similar items like this as well. I think you are right about it being a key. Just my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
Ok, I see it! A "Bark spud". We have one here at camp to teach kids Appalacian heritage. Ours dosen't have the "spud" On the end. It was used by loggers to "roll"or overturn large logs. And it really works well! thanks!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom