Old blue excalibur 1000 advice

Jul 21, 2023
It's over 15 years old, only the threshold knob works for on/off, seems stuck on pinpoint. I just got a new Excalibur 2 battery to see if the detector works, and it does beep near metal. Only one ear of the headphones works. Not sure what I should do with this, I'm not up for a project. I could send to Minelab for repair, or sell as-is to someone for parts or project. Anyone have suggestions?
?
minelab.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: OBN

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Judging from what you say all pots need to be replaced, (the O-RINGS are changed when pots are changed), need new headphones and a new coil, I don't know Minelab's current repair charges, the old rates would have been between $500 and $600 at a minimum. You can call and ask the cost of replacing what I mentioned and see what they say. If there is damage from corrosion to the motherboard the cost would increase.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe sell, not much worth anything except the heart.. the Board. You should be able to get 200.oo for it. Or keep it for a back up board which is what I would do.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's fixable assuming the board is good. It's a matter of cost. What sort of detecting are you planning to do? There may be another brand/model that will do the job even better for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread