What's new

Old Brass Coin Bank, With Wheat Cent!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
6,690
Reaction score
716
Golden Thread
1
Location
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug this item today, looks like someone pried the 'cents'
section open, Honest Injun, they missed one, in the dirt that came out of it was this 1921 wheatie. (Was hoping for some Silver! :laughing9:)
thanks for looking & HH to all! :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • nc finds 11-17 008.webp
    nc finds 11-17 008.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 811
  • nc finds 11-17 004.webp
    nc finds 11-17 004.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 806
  • nc finds 11-17 005.webp
    nc finds 11-17 005.webp
    37.4 KB · Views: 800
  • nc finds 11-17 006.webp
    nc finds 11-17 006.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 827
  • nc finds 11-17 007.webp
    nc finds 11-17 007.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 759
  • nc finds 11-17 015.webp
    nc finds 11-17 015.webp
    27.1 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0
pretty neat :icon_thumleft: bet you were hoping that bank was loaded with goodies :laughing7:
 
That is s cool find, and having the wheat to boot. Congrats
 
That is a very cool find!! Hope it cleans up well! :icon_thumright:
 
Bet your heart skipped a beat when you figured out what you had. :icon_pirat:
 
purses interesting machine. :thumbsup:
 
Awesome find none the less, the excitement in itself made it worth it, go ahead admit it, it is a great find and hey, they did leave you something, Keep at it, the bank is coming in soon, Ken.
 
My parents gace each one of us a bank like that when we were kids. I am thinking mine is around somewhere. I remember how happy I was to put a coin or two in it and later realised I could not get any of the money out. They had some weird lock. I think the bank must have had the key!! :laughing7:
Nice find!
 
I, too, had a bank very similar to that one and, as I recall, it was given out to the kids as a promotion from a bank, as well. It may still be arouind her somewhere....maybe in the attack. I guess I should find it and go bury it somewhere. But, then, someone else would beat me to it........grrrrrrrr.
 
Thanks for your replies!
The dirt that was in the bank had a VERY different consistency than the surrounding.
It came out in flaking layers parallel to the sides of the bank.
May very well have had some currency, it was a mud find, so understandable that
any paper was long gone, Just The Wheat Cent really made it special !
Good Day, & HH :thumbsup:
 
Cool find for sure, plus it has a serial number. I guess though based on the other post it probably corresponded with the special key to open that sucker up :icon_salut:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom