What's new

Old brass wrist watch

Bharpring

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2016
Messages
1,451
Reaction score
5,902
Golden Thread
0
Location
Savannah, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus HF coils, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is this the frame for an old brass wrist watch? Anyone know how old it might be? I guess wrist watches were invented around 1868. This has no markings on it.

2018-01-14 13.45.40.webp2018-01-14 13.45.47.webp2018-01-14 13.46.08-1.webp2018-01-14 13.46.14-1.webp2018-01-14 13.46.21.webp
 
In watch terminology the correct word would be "bezel.
 
Upvote 0
cool looks really old
 
Upvote 0
I'd say that is a wristwatch case, as below.
rather old, maybe as old as they come.
Rock Scarfone knows a lot about watches, and I'll bet he'd be interested in your recovery.
Awesome guy too.

https://plus.google.com/+RockScarfone

SxMMj8JjToAjCA130pqs_rM8vx6g5kvxKDBl81vzsdvRYnJ3pwSZaHQf-Weg7yHkGXtid6a0Lv__V98nNRg=w330-h440
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It might be an early COMPASS case; these being more often of brass than watch cases.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom