What's new

Old bullets

Coinfishing

Greenie
Joined
Apr 16, 2013
Messages
14
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
I have found two more old bullets and I don't know anything about them can anyone help?
 

Attachments

  • image-483503487.webp
    image-483503487.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 272
Dunno, looks bit crunched, maybe from civil war though. The rings on that bullet is characteristics to these bullets from the civil war Era.
 
Modern muzzleloader
 
Steve1357 and Civil_war22 are correct, your finds are modern-made cast lead bullets for muzzleloading Blackpowder rifle shooting. Specifically, your bullets are called a "Maxi-Ball" bullet, because of their resemblance to the civil war era "Minie-Ball" bullets used in Blackpowder rifles during that era. See photos below.
 

Attachments

  • bullet_MODERN_blackpowder_Maxiball_Texas-slugs_CWP.webp
    bullet_MODERN_blackpowder_Maxiball_Texas-slugs_CWP.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 133
  • bullet_MODERN_Maxi-Ball_for-Blackpowder-rifle-hunting_3-views_TN.webp
    bullet_MODERN_Maxi-Ball_for-Blackpowder-rifle-hunting_3-views_TN.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 128
I remember those old bullets before the saboted types. Good I.D fellas.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom