What's new

old button, is it military? ID? value?

SteveDodds

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2006
Messages
344
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, BH 202
I found this button in an old cemetery near my home in North Central Iowa. Is it a military button? What would something like this be worth? If it is military, who would have worn something like this?
 
Whoops. That might help huh.
 

Attachments

  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,145
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    37.7 KB · Views: 2,279
Upvote 0
:hello:

This purely a google guess :P am I close :P

SS
 

Attachments

  • uc1632.webp
    uc1632.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,973
Upvote 0
SteveDodds said:
I just found this website. http://winfield.50megs.com/conlealaw/Box14.jpg Row 3 number 6 looks a lot like it but I am not sure. This website says it is from the british navy. If that is true how the heck did it end up in Iowa of all places.
Don't you mean row 6..no 6..Australian :icon_scratch:

SS
 
Upvote 0
If its an iron/steel back, I'm guessing a waterbury blazer button (Civvy)
 
Upvote 0
SteveDodds said:
I assume it is that type of back because its pretty rusty.

I guessed it might be, someone should be able to show you a link on the Waterbury site, I'm off to bed :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I'm with Crusader. It looks like a blazer button
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Hat Button help
Replies
3
Views
545
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
752

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom