JimK
Full Member
- Joined
- Aug 19, 2009
- Messages
- 231
- Reaction score
- 276
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Central Kentucky
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
It has been a while since I posted anything. Since we have been banished from our civil war site until the crops are harvested there has not been much to share. We mostly have been hitting the local parks for clad. Last Saturday (8-8-15) we decided to do a little wading in a little creek off of the Dix River hoping for civil war stuff. We found mostly junk and trash. However after cleaning what I believed to be yet another shotgun shell head stamp, I think I may have an old flat button. It is brass, and there are no words on either side that I can tell. You can see the area where the shank was attached (it does not go all the way through). It has a slight convex shape to it. What do you all say? Is it a button? Any guesses on how old? Any info will be appreciated.
It has been a while since I posted anything. Since we have been banished from our civil war site until the crops are harvested there has not been much to share. We mostly have been hitting the local parks for clad. Last Saturday (8-8-15) we decided to do a little wading in a little creek off of the Dix River hoping for civil war stuff. We found mostly junk and trash. However after cleaning what I believed to be yet another shotgun shell head stamp, I think I may have an old flat button. It is brass, and there are no words on either side that I can tell. You can see the area where the shank was attached (it does not go all the way through). It has a slight convex shape to it. What do you all say? Is it a button? Any guesses on how old? Any info will be appreciated.
Attachments
Upvote
0







