What's new

Old Coin Hot Spot!!

Recovering Relics

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2010
Messages
204
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
New England
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garret Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone.

On September 24, I went metal detecting at an old abandonned house, built in the early 1940's. The last time I had been there was in February, 2010, and can be seen on Recovering Relics Episode #6. I started off hunting the front yard. Right away I got a nickel/pull-tab reading at 4 inches deep. When I dug down, out came my first ever Buffalo Nickel! I'm not yet sure of the date. Minutes later I found the first Wheat Cent of the day. Not long after that, I found my second silver of 2011, a 1945 Mercury Dime. The Merc is in great condition and cleaned up beautifully. I went on to find several more wheat pennies, a toy gun, a spoon and fork, and two dog tags. That place gave up a lot of great finds and I will have to get back there as soon as possible to find some more old coins.

HH!

 

Attachments

  • M1310001.webp
    M1310001.webp
    17.6 KB · Views: 752
  • M1310005.webp
    M1310005.webp
    24.1 KB · Views: 742
  • M1310007.webp
    M1310007.webp
    36.4 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0
Not a bad day at all :icon_thumleft:


Nice merc

Blaze
 
A lot better then what I did today. All I found was clad and a couple hot wheel cars.....Matt
 
Nice spit-shine on that merc, congrats on your first buffalo. I'd be back there cherry picking first, then dig everything!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom