What's new

Old copper coin

Stoneworx

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2016
Messages
95
Reaction score
303
Golden Thread
1
Location
Fredericksburg Va
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday in the rain. Found a shot bullet and this copper coin with a barely visible face. It looks like i can see the number 17 also the back is toast but i can see a face! I have found alot of colonial relics at this spot. Any id help is appreciated. The pic with the toothpick is sideways and pick is pointing at the nose
 

Attachments

  • 1474420108659-684992236.webp
    1474420108659-684992236.webp
    655.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 14744202942262121948081.webp
    14744202942262121948081.webp
    562.8 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 8
Congrats! Pictures don't show much, I can't see any details at all. Try olive oil for a few weeks.
 
Looks like a British copper to me. I believe I see Britannia.
 
Looks like a King George II half penny; if I am seeing correctly the toothpick is pointing to his ear. Left-facing bust.
 
But then again I may just be seeing things-kinda like seeing animal shapes in cloud formations. There's not much left of that coin to go by.
 
Ok, its a British Halfpenny. Being slick you're going to get no more detail off that & if anything loss more. I'm going with Geo III.
 
Thanks guys i know its tough to see from the pics. This va clay is not very nice to the coins. I found 2 smaller coins that were worse than this one a couple months ago. Thanks for the help yall!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom