What's new

✅ SOLVED Old Copper Indians blade ?

Rocsteddie

Full Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
200
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
Copper Culture Socketed Blade was made by hammering and folding copper to form blade. About 3000 to 6ooo years old.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Rocsteddie what is your avatar pic of?
 
Always keep your head up but never forget to look down. Gravity is our friend.
 
Last edited:
My grandfather (born at the turn of the century) plowed with horses and used to find artifacts ("hundreds of 'em") and threw them away. They had no value then. I'd bet a lot of copper ended up beaten into something else that was needed around the farm.
 
A friend of mine in Kentucky found a collapsed barn that was full of artifacts the farmer picked up many years ago. Seems logical it was found and discarded. Glad that it was saved.
 
Great eye! in my wildest dreams,I never would of spotted it as an artifact bent in half the way it was or thought to straighten it. To be honest,I wouldn't of spotted it non bent.
 
Last edited:
Repost pic
 
Last edited:
I to had no ideal that this bent piece medal would be so much a part of our history. I'am feeling a little special every time I receive a post saying how lucky I was to find it. Thanks so much to all the members that helped me and encouraged me to keep looking for Things Left Behind.

That is T-Net. Welcome aboard.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom