Old Eagle Spectrum finds Silver!!

hybrid_XLT

Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was checking out a new site this morning (again in the rain!!!!)... and under a small bush i got a quarter signal at 2" and at first thought it was just a new quarter until i picked it up and saw the Barber Liberty face... i said out loud "No Way!!!"... and in great condition too... wow, rescanned the hole and got another Quarter signal... a inch or two deeper out comes a 1877 Seated Quarter. kind of worn but still a keeper. probably about a foot and a half away i got a 63 VDI and at 5" i dug a 1881 Indian Cent. most of the clad and Denmark Bronze coin came from yesterdays hunt with DFX Willie

Attachments

• IMG_5076.JPG
    IMG_5076.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 545
  • IMG_5077.JPG
    IMG_5077.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_5078.JPG
    IMG_5078.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_5080.JPG
    IMG_5080.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 553
Upvote 0
Awesome finds! congrats on 2 sweet coins! man that barber is sharp :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep it up, best of luck and HH

Great digs, I bet there is still more there waiting for. Good luck on that site

Sweet haul. :thumbsup: Love the old silver, but once again the seated comes out as my favorite. Congrats!

:icon_thumright: very nice silver

wow rob that barber is a sharp looking coin. looks like you had a great hunt. willy.

awesome! i love my old eagle spectrum and silver eagle :thumbsup: always pays to re-check your hole.
congrats!
dave

Nice finds! Congrats on the Seated quarter. :headbang:

WTG on finding that great looking silver and IH...Matt

Thanks everyone on the WTG's & comments...Finding any of the seated series is a great thrill..but that Barber is gonna clean up great... found these two seated Quarters at a old Grist mill last aug.. the detail on the 1877 is near mint

Attachments

• 1877 seated 003.jpg
    1877 seated 003.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 329
  • 1877 seated 005.jpg
    1877 seated 005.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 331
Wow, that's a great set of finds! :hello2:

I'm still waiting for my first seated coin and hope that it will come this year!

WAY TO GO!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back