What's new

Old electric motor silver?

sonnyjam

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
I came across this while metal detecting. Most of the time this is copper wire, but this looks to be silver. The wire is the same color all the way through. I dont think they would have made it out of aluminium. I know this is out of the norm for this site. Thank you.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2018.webp
    DSCF2018.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 974
  • DSCF2019.webp
    DSCF2019.webp
    88.7 KB · Views: 535
looks like tin coated or silver coated winding, scrape into it to find out if its copper and, yes they do make them out of aluminum
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I did scrape it and theres no copper. Its the same color all the way through.
 
Upvote 0
looking at your second picture it looks like there is a varnish thats just about gone, if thats the case it will be aluminum
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom