Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was browsing through the forums today and noticed there was really a lot of outdated threads still listed and wasting space. For example, I found one asking for prayers for an ill member who since has expired. Another was for an item for sale that was sold but never deleted, and several others. So if the forum gets slow sometimes I see a lot of old posts wasting space and out of date cluttering things up. I am checking mine to see if I can toss a few, how about you? :icon_thumright: Monty

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the bad thing I see about doing that Monty
is If you take out threads, Members who
watch their post counts like they mean somthing,
actually get upset & Blame us for deleting their
posts & Accuse us of Censorship :tongue3:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly wouldn't want the job of going through a couple of million posts to delete the old ones! ;D

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
If the post topic is not something being regularly added to, perhaps it is time to kill it to reduce server space? Anyone can open up a topic again just by starting an initial post.

I'm not all that interested in how many posts I made personally. But older posts take up space that could be used to post photos of more recent finds. I don't even try to open threads with more than 50 responses now: my old computer can't handle 'em. Just my opinion.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:
Tough crap! I'd sacrifice a few posts to improve bandwidth any day.
Same goes for the multiple threads on the same topic. How many times do I have to read about lost miners? Sheesh!

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
jeff of pa said:

You could just do away with "post counts" and put the members join date there instead. Everyone would know how long someone has been a member and the meaningless posts and post counts would be gone.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or, the mods could lock posts that ask the same questions that were asked the day before.

Seriously, how many of the following posts do we need:

What detector should I get?
What headphones do you recommend?
Can I hunt in a cemetery?
Are Parks ok to hunt?
etc
etc

If people just cut back on HALF of their 'Nice Job' posts on Today's Finds, that would probably make a huge difference.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one in particular was for an ill member, but he died! It's kind of distressing to see it still active and asking for prayers for him to get well. That's the kind I meant. I guess some persons can't police their own posts but most of us are smart enough to do it. I wasn't referring to anyone's finds. It's just a suggestion. If you delete your own posts, there wouldn't be any reason to blame it on the moderators. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions