Old Faithful, gives first keepers of the year.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hey all,,,
I finally got a start on my collection for 2006. I went to the park I call, " Old Faithful ", sure named that one right...
Got a 1946 Roosevelt Dime, and a 1936 Wheatie. They were both at a depth of about 6" down... Found the wheatie within the first 15 min, and the Rosie followed just a few minutes later... The rest of the hunt didn't produce anything else but trash, but I am now a happy camper... ;D The dime was on edge causing the signal to be a little iffy. It was high-toning most of the time, but also was giving a low iron hit as well... I also found what must be? one of the first ever pull-tabs. It's got the direction of how to use it, on it, " Tear Down ",,,lol... Anyone ever seen one like it?, and maybe give a date for it...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Attachments

• Recent.jpg
    Recent.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 452
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on the Rosie...sorry ,never seen one like that before.HH

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Leon,

congrat on the silver. Silver is always nice.

You even picked up a keeper pull-tab, O.K.

have a good un...........

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks guys...
Sherman,,, do you think it is a pull-tab? That would be my only guess, but I'm not sure what type of can it would have come from.
Sure don't look like anything I've ever seen... I think I might stick it in the, " What's it ", or maybe that new post about pull-tab trivia.
Maybe someone can shed some light on it...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Hey Leon, better hunt than last time. So I guess old faithful is still old faithful. My son and I both got a silver rosie our first time out in 2006. Not a dramatic start but it breaks the ice. I have high hopes for some firsts in 06.

Haven't seen anything like that pull tab.

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Leon!

That's a neat find!!

;)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver Leon! That pull tab reminds me of the older STP cans of oil and gas treatment, not sure though. Good you got out and HH, Mike

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Bavaria Mike said:
Congrats on the silver Leon!? That pull tab reminds me of the older STP cans of oil and gas treatment, not sure though.? Good you got out and HH, Mike
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?WTG Leon on your first silver of the year!? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?I dug a couple of tabs identical to what you have there and I tend to agree with Bavaria Mike on their use. I hope old faithful gives up some more good finds for you. HH!

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Thanks again all,,,
That's a good possibility on the pull-tab, I've done a few searches, but have come up empty...
It looks a little familiar, but I can't place it...
Good luck all, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions