What's new

Old farm site finds...???

Bunker

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2010
Messages
562
Reaction score
77
Golden Thread
0
Location
St. Pete, Fl
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / Etrac / T2se / Blisstool V5
Pistol Probe / Pro Pointer / VibraProbe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
Found these items at an old homestead (late 1800's) in Alabama this past weekend. One item seems to be a drawer pull? The other I have no idea, a round disk (copper?) with lines on it. No apparent pattern to the lines. Not sure if it is hand drawn or happened from just being in the ground for years. The buckles are just buckles, they just were in the pix. The other pix is of a scabbard tip?
Thanks for looking and your help,
Bunker
 

Attachments

  • MD finds parkers2.webp
    MD finds parkers2.webp
    39.6 KB · Views: 356
  • Scabbard pix.webp
    Scabbard pix.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 357
I believe the bottom pic is an old fountain penn cap. Tony
 
Upvote 0
Drawer puller or a wick feeder for an oil lamp.
 
Upvote 0
Tony in SC said:
I believe the bottom pic is an old fountain penn cap. Tony

Well done! :hello2: :notworthy: I saw the pocket clip but couldn't make sense of it.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks guys,
The fountain pen makes sense now. With it being flattened out a bit it threw me off. It is made of copper. The drawer pull is what I thought as well. It has some crusty stuff where the pull would be.
Now if I can just figure out that round disk with the lines on it. :dontknow:
Appreciate the responses.
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
hogge said:
Drawer puller or a wick feeder for an oil lamp.

I agree on the pierced round object. Leaning towards a wick adjuster from a kerosene type lamp or heater. A drawer pull would not show deteriation on both sides. A wick adjuster has a verticle rod piece that most times goes all the way through the "wheel."
And the ID of the pen cap is spot on! :thumbsup:

Best,
Scott
 
Upvote 0
Thanks AU,
I will do a little research in that direction.
Bunker
 
Upvote 0
Bunker said:
Thanks AU,
I will do a little research in that direction.
Bunker

Most common "fitter" manufacturer was/is "Eagle."

Best of Luck,
Scott
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom