What's new

Old Farmhouse Finds

Kentuckiana John

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 5, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
My friend has a 1,000 acre family farm which has four old homesites on it. There is a 1790's cabin site, an 1840's antebellum home, an 1870's home and another 1870's homesite. I spent a good deal of time on this property which is very rural. I didn't have a lot of expectations, but did manage to find a number of good finds. I found a number of early wheat pennies (oldest was 1912), an 1881 Indian head penny and two silver quarters, a 1945 Washington and a 1902 Barber quarter (see photos). I also found a bunch of miscellaneous odds and ends. Enjoy!
 

Attachments

  • rsz_2062.webp
    rsz_2062.webp
    98.8 KB · Views: 948
  • 2011-12-17_14-36-11_27.webp
    2011-12-17_14-36-11_27.webp
    230.2 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 2011-12-17_14-36-00_354.webp
    2011-12-17_14-36-00_354.webp
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,246
  • 064.webp
    064.webp
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,240
Upvote 0
Looks like someone intentionally scratched an A, X or some other letter on the shield of the 1902 Barber quarter.

Nice finds!
 
4 sites you say? Son,you haven't even hit the GOOD stuff yet,You'll be nicely surprized what you're gonna find!Nice start already! Best of Hunting to you. God Bless
 
Nice finds John. 1000 acres....looks like you'll be busy!!
 
Thats a beauty!
 
Awesome finds.. the Barber has got to have you stoked! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom