Old Fisher CZ6 verses a Top Digital Machine

I've only been in the hobby for a bit less than 3 years. I learned early on that you listen to your elders and all those in a hobby, that have been doing it longer than you have. There also seems to be a lost quality to some of the older machines.

I picked up a CZ-5 a few months ago with all 3 coils. I'm glad I did! It's stable and deeper than the units that I used before. Heck, I relic hunt with the thing!

I take the time to listen to all feedback and learn my unit. I vouch for my CZ!

You do have one great machine there! I have had my CZ5 since 1995......It may be a little heavy but it is built like a tank! Hope I have it for another 10 years....Don't give it up!

well i have been using minelabs for 3 years, by no means an expert , but in my soils in Georgia, minelabs do well on depth. not great. findi ng coins among trash and iron the minelabs are very good. I tried a T2 here and sold it after a month. Depth average, target id /stability average to poor. I am getting a cz6 because i have used the older fisher 1235, 1265 and fisher coinstrike and liked them and i believe the cz will be even more impressive. explorers are good and can find plenty of silver, but a 25 year old fisher 1265 can still find some good stuff. CB

I had a CZ-5 years ago, now own a etrac......I also had the f-70 , and many other brands.....I have to take my hat off too the CZ-5 I really wish I still had it.....I bought the newer f-70 thinking it would perform like the CZ-5 .....it didnt.....now this is my personal expierience....Im just stating my opinion....the CZ-5 was always rock solid for me no chattering or anything....and the depth was amazing....it did like deep rusty bent nails sometimes...but I was very happy with mine....and Im very happy with my etrac also.....you cant go wrong with the CZ-5 or Cz-6 very solid stable machines!!!!

I have a CZ-6a I purchased way back in the early 90's, and have made many deep
coin finds (6"-8"+) in high trash areas. My hunting partner for several years in the
mid-90's used a CZ-5, and between us the challenge was usually who got the deepest,
smallest coin for the day (+value, of course!). The title of "Head Hunter" changed hands
often, as in essence our machines were the same and the rest was up to our individual
skills.

Not to say that there may not be superior machines out there, as I'm sure there are.
Still, I believe the CZ5's and CZ6 series machines in the hands of a skilled user can still
keep up with most any machine made today.

I have a CZ-6a I purchased way back in the early 90's, and have made many deep
coin finds (6"-8"+) in high trash areas. My hunting partner for several years in the
mid-90's used a CZ-5, and between us the challenge was usually who got the deepest,
smallest coin for the day (+value, of course!). The title of "Head Hunter" changed hands
often, as in essence our machines were the same and the rest was up to our individual
skills.

Not to say that there may not be superior machines out there, as I'm sure there are.
Still, I believe the CZ5's and CZ6 series machines in the hands of a skilled user can still
keep up with most any machine made today.

Well said! The CZ5 is an awesome detector....Will never give it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back