Old fishing gear and tackle

courtjesterclown

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado/West Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Ace 250, Bullseye 120
Nice find! AS with so many other things, value all depends on condition. I have a pretty extensive value guide on fishing gear, shoot me a pm with some id of what you may have.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When it comes to fishing tackle (as with many collectibles) it's all about condition, rarity, and age. It's best to spend more on one hard to find lure that's in great shape than to spend the same amount on several lures of lesser quality condition. Finding the original box is always a big plus. And whatever you do, don't try cleaning or restoring them.
Invest in good reference books and read them. I would suggest-

Fishing Tackle Antiques and Collectibles: Reference and Evaluation of Pre-1960 Tackle by Karl T. White

Also- Old Fishing Lures & Tackle: Identification and Value Guide 8th ed. By Russell E. Lewis, Carl F. Luckey

and/or- Fishing Lure Collectibles: An Identification and Value Guide to the Most Collectible Antique Fishing Lure by Dudley Murphy and Deanie Murphy

Or any of the books written by these gentlemen. You will know much of what can be learned from books on lure collecting. You'll have to invest time (and money) in something if you want to become proficient at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread