time4me Bronze Member Joined Aug 30, 2005 Messages 1,296 Reaction score 44 Golden Thread 0 Detector(s) used E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur Jul 15, 2010 #1 Any ideas on button age? I think I can make out ______ BUTTON Co. on the back. Happy Hunting, Jim Upvote 0
U umrgolf Guest Jul 15, 2010 #2 Looks like a Civil War General service eagle (Waterbury button Co.) That backmark started in 1849
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 15, 2010 #3 If it says "Watterbury Button Co." then it is post-war, if I recall correctly. And if I'm not mistaken, that backmark is 1890s. Cool find! -Buckles
If it says "Watterbury Button Co." then it is post-war, if I recall correctly. And if I'm not mistaken, that backmark is 1890s. Cool find! -Buckles
R russellt Jr. Member Joined Jul 15, 2010 Messages 25 Reaction score 0 Golden Thread 0 Location athens GA Detector(s) used whites V3--dfx, dx1--p2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 15, 2010 #4 its still a really cool old button
civilman1 Gold Member Joined Nov 29, 2005 Messages 9,388 Reaction score 1,685 Golden Thread 0 Location PA-MD Detector(s) used Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jul 15, 2010 #5 Waterbury Button Co--1849-1965,nice CW GS Eagle
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 15, 2010 #6 civilman1 said: Waterbury Button Co--1849-1965,nice CW GS Eagle Click to expand... Are you sure? With the big letters? In Tice isn't it identified as 1890s? I thought CW for that backmark was either with the word "Extra," with the medium sized letters, or with "Waterbury Conn" after it.
civilman1 said: Waterbury Button Co--1849-1965,nice CW GS Eagle Click to expand... Are you sure? With the big letters? In Tice isn't it identified as 1890s? I thought CW for that backmark was either with the word "Extra," with the medium sized letters, or with "Waterbury Conn" after it.
Skelly607 Bronze Member Joined May 5, 2010 Messages 1,297 Reaction score 30 Golden Thread 0 Location Danville Va. Detector(s) used MXT PRO M6 Ace 250 Jul 15, 2010 #7 Sweet button!