What's new

Old glass anyone?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Glass insulators! I have more than a dozen old insulators, porcellain, Hemmingray multi-coloreds, etc. Can post some pics if anyone's interested. I found these locally along abandoned RR tracks, and from other locations that I don't remember.....over 30 years ago.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0030 [320x200].webp
    IMG_0030 [320x200].webp
    10.2 KB · Views: 155
Nice D! I'd love to see some pics......beats watching the snowflakes fall. :-\

HH
 
Thats a nice oldie! :icon_thumleft:
 
UMMMM Yeah!!! I have several too. Even some that look like the neck and top of a cork type bottle.
These were used on the lightening ground cable on a house!

Mike
 
I got a cousin that is one of the leading collectors in the world of glass insulators, he got me into it years ago but I never kept up with it. I know some are very valuable as I know he has a few that are so rare that only less than 12 are known to exist! I remember when I was just a kid that he was offered ten thousand per insulator for those rare ones and refused to sell them. So maybe someday those will be worth some big bucks!


Slipperyjack47
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom