What's new

Old gold and a little silver this morning

CASPER-2

Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2012
Messages
17,375
Reaction score
20,667
Golden Thread
1
Location
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low tide never got that low - I spent some time in the shallows (which to me is waist deep at low tide)
and collected a lot of bottle caps and pulltabs - found some older zincs and a few deep clads but not much else in my first 2 hrs
decided to do the crawl in an area about chest deep - cranked sensitivity and started going for every whisper
I got a deep wheat and them got a really faint hit in all metal - almost was not going to go for it cause I thought it might be a ghost
checked in ID mode and it barely would register a low tone (which on the cz21 is iron) but I know in old areas where stuff is down close to 2 feet - that some good signals when that deep just cant produce enough of a signal to register higher - so what I do is fan with my dive boot
and take off about 4-5 inches and recheck - signal is now a little louder and recheck in ID produces a mid tone - fanned a few more inches down
signal is now loud enough to pin point and scoop straight down - came up with silver peace symbol - I did this for the next hour
there were no shallow or target signals with in a foot down - this place gets hit by a fair amount of locals - I was only getting these whisper
targets and yes some were tiny pieces of copper or lead and a few were ghosts or hot rocks but my hard work paid off when I finally got a deep merc and then the "old" gold ring that was deep in some rocks about 1 1/23 feet down and then another merc - tide drove me to close to shore and I started getting people on top of me and called it a day - I got my gold for the day and was happy .
I wish it had all its stones - Im thinking it may be a sorority ring ??
 
Upvote 28
Nice old ring! Congrats. Silvers are great too!

Looks like you went to the depths and beyond!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom