What's new

Old hand forged knife?

Soundhunter

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2013
Messages
59
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Found this detecting an old Indian Rez from the 1700's. is it a hand forged knife? The blade is 7 inches long and 2 1/4 inches wide.
 

Attachments

  • image-2515508945.webp
    image-2515508945.webp
    33.2 KB · Views: 194
  • image-3496900423.webp
    image-3496900423.webp
    96 KB · Views: 182
  • image-2076753237.webp
    image-2076753237.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 186
  • image-1122785102.webp
    image-1122785102.webp
    85.2 KB · Views: 164
  • image-1472691501.webp
    image-1472691501.webp
    89.9 KB · Views: 154
That is a cool looking peice have u found any info on it ?
 
I found it on the chiefs land of the Yeopim Indian tribe. Indiantown, NC. The land was purchased from the Yeopim Indians in 1760. The name of the Indian town was called Culong.
 
Ya thats cool, thats what u call one if ur show peices good job bro
 
I am really interested in this. It looks like a great find. I am curious to have someone confirm what it is. I have found something similar recently but it was only the looped bit that screws on the end of the "blade shank" portion. Mine was found on an old farm site with some brokern horseshoes, harnesses of some sort, and some square nails. I will post pictures later for comparison.
 
That is really an interesting piece and I too am intrigued.It almost looks like a trowel bayonet the to me ,is there threading on the end though?
 
Here are the photos. Description provided in my previous post.20130628_191656_resized.webp20130628_191726_resized.webp
 
nice find congrats HH
 
And that little bit of information leads me to plow points which then explains a number of other unknown found objects from that location. Thanks for the info! Additional thread on the subject here.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/345773-hand-forged-bolt.html

Soundhunter that is a great item as its complete with both the bolt portion and the nut. I hope to dig something as nice one of these days.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom