What's new

Old Heavy Non Ferrous Metal Chunk Found In Florida Backwoods??

FLtreasure

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
117
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Florida
Detector(s) used
Quick Draw Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this really cool old piece of non ferrous metal near an old fort site in Florida. There are some circular holes throughout and small square pieces of glass randomly placed. Any ideas what it is or could possibly be? Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 44818174-06AB-4092-96C6-33DD02837324.webp
    44818174-06AB-4092-96C6-33DD02837324.webp
    375.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 70E9933D-6F1D-4B31-B72D-33FD90CD6FAE.webp
    70E9933D-6F1D-4B31-B72D-33FD90CD6FAE.webp
    763.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 59C20546-3E33-4C2B-87B1-C88426AD2001.webp
    59C20546-3E33-4C2B-87B1-C88426AD2001.webp
    455.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 5385FB67-55DE-44DE-89DD-E2E9D282147A.webp
    5385FB67-55DE-44DE-89DD-E2E9D282147A.webp
    275.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 9DDE5BC5-1E82-46A6-BADF-5BA75462CB28.webp
    9DDE5BC5-1E82-46A6-BADF-5BA75462CB28.webp
    346.2 KB · Views: 108
Looks like a melted blub of lead poured out randomly poured out on the ground.
 
Upvote 0
You don't mention the weight but I'm thinking camp fire beer cans with glass inclusions.
 
Upvote 0
Yeah sorry about that! It’s very heavy.
 
Upvote 0
Maybe the remains of a burned down building that had a stained glass window?
 
Upvote 0
Giant fire nugget of lead.
 
Upvote 0
If heavy, melted lead scrap. Lots are found on old sites, but not generally huge in size.
 
Upvote 0
I like that stained glass window theory! Or perhaps a clear window with lead lattice pattern?
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have various lead pcs found near an old Spanish California settlement-- and one piece I have reminds me of a smaller version of what you have.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom