What's new

Old Home Sites

m bryan

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 12, 2010
Messages
691
Reaction score
50
Golden Thread
0
Location
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my favorite places to hunt.......Finding out that there are lot more than I realized. Towns and country sides are full of them. Didn't realize there were so many......If you need places to hunt just start asking friends,relatives and people you know if they know of any old home sites.....sometimes they will refer you to someone they know or have an old family home site thats still in the family....endless possibilities!
 
I agree, I like it when I'm hunting in a field and stumble on a old homesite. You know there's gonna be good stuff when you start finding old brick and pottery shards on the surface and nobody can recall a house ever being there.
 
eric n n.c. said:
I agree, I like it when I'm hunting in a field and stumble on a old homesite. You know there's gonna be good stuff when you start finding old brick and pottery shards on the surface and nobody can recall a house ever being there.
So true eric....I was hunting for a lost class ring in a hay field not long ago and started finding old buttons and a navy hat pin and some other goodies....asked the owner and he remembered an old house there back in the forties...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom