Old Indian itemI thin?

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found this at the beach recently and I am not sure what it is. I think it's too small to be an Indian Bracelet. Anyone recognize it or is there anyone that can educate me on what it might be? It's really cool whatever it is! I believe it is copper.

Dec 23 16  Targets.jpg

Dec 23  16 Indian Item 1.jpg

Dec 23 16 Indian Item 2.jpg

Dec 23 16  Indian Item 3.jpg

Last edited:

TomPA

Feb 13, 2011
Western PA.
Detector(s) used
F75
AT Pro Gold
Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Pretty neat find. It looks like you should be able to get an accurate measurement. Maybe if it was "unwound" and formed in an oval, it would be big enough for a young girl or child's wrist?
Remember, it wouldn't have to bend the whole way around and have the ends touch.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kapidr

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Pretty neat find. It looks like you should be able to get an accurate measurement. Maybe if it was "unwound" and formed in an oval, it would be big enough for a young girl or child's wrist?
Remember, it wouldn't have to bend the whole way around and have the ends touch.

That is what I am thinking, small child's bracelet. I am afraid to try to unbend it. :) It does not bend at all with pretty good force using just my fingers...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like copper. And while you "should" be able to straighten it, keep in mind that it might still crack. Hopefully not, as it has not been fully flattened, but I'd wait a while and try to get a good ID before trying anything further.

Cool find! :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kapidr

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
It looks like copper. And while you "should" be able to straighten it, keep in mind that it might still crack. Hopefully not, as it has not been fully flattened, but I'd wait a while and try to get a good ID before trying anything further.

Cool find! :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is part of a set that was most likely commercially made during the 20th century. There was a time when Native American symbolism was touted in fashion. When I saw your little piece(Probably a bracelet) I dug into my archives of finds and found the one that I was thinking was like yours. I found mine many many years ago....decades and is the ring part of the set. Small in size, they were no doubt meant for the younger generation. At least now you will know what it would look like after you unwrap it.

DSC00005.JPG DSC00008.JPG DSC00011.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Kapidr

Kapidr

Mar 17, 2014
By the sea
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
It is part of a set that was most likely commercially made during the 20th century. There was a time when Native American symbolism was touted in fashion. When I saw your little piece(Probably a bracelet) I dug into my archives of finds and found the one that I was thinking was like yours. I found mine many many years ago....decades and is the ring part of the set. Small in size, they were no doubt meant for the younger generation. At least now you will know what it would look like after you unwrap it.

View attachment 1394156 View attachment 1394157 View attachment 1394158

Upvote 0

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The incised pattern on the top side is obviously made on a roll of material and then cut for each piece, leaving some of the symbols half showing.....which shows that it was not hand made but made by production.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions