• Picture 005 (5).jpg
    Picture 005 (5).jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 581

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the toothpick PBK lost a few months ago! haha Sorry mojjax.....

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pickup stick for weaving ??? ???

Attachments

• pickupsticks.jpg
    pickupsticks.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 548
Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trk5capt said:
I Think That What You Have There Is An Old Sailers Needle For Repairing Sails And Fish Nets. trk5capt
might be...same concept

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Wouldn't both a knitting needle and a sail or fishnet needle need to have an eye? Does this thing have a hole that could be an eye? It appears to have no hole but instead has raised areas. Maybe a piece from a game?

Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
I was thinking it was a net mender at first....then decided hair stick ....then decided it was for winding silk thread ...like a lace bobbin....then I :) gave up....

Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we're all on the same track here.I believe it's either, a fid-a large pin used to seperate the twisted strands at the end of a rope, or a bodkin-a sailors tool used to punch holes in cloth.
mojjax-I just want to know one thing-Where and how the heck do you come up with all of this great historical stuff!?? I think you are messing with us and you know what most of the stuff you post is already! :-\ Regardless,another great whatsit from mojjax! I declare you the King of Whatsits! ;D :)

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
diggummup said:
mojjax-I just want to know one thing-Where and how the heck do you come up with all of this great historical stuff!?? I think you are messing with us and you know what most of the stuff you post is already! :-\ Regardless,another great whatsit from mojjax! I declare you the King of Whatsits! ;D :)

Agreed! :D

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too enjoy his DISCOVERIES....and sometimes I think he yanks us just a little bit....Who cares though KEEP POSTING.... ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Michelle said:
I too enjoy his DISCOVERIES....and sometimes I think he yanks us just a little bit....Who cares though KEEP POSTING.... ;)
Don't worry .... I'm not trying to 'yank' any body . We got this this old 1840's farmstead almost 2 years ago .A good number of my posts are from things we find as we explore the huge barn , 2 abandoned houses out back , 2 out buildings , some sheds ,etc. We still have alot of sifting to do .

My girlfriend was helping here mother put away X-mas stuff the other and she gave her a shoebox with some of her grandfather's stuff in it including the ivory thing . He was a sardine fisherman back in the 40's - 60's . So the net & knot theories sound good !

Here are a few pics of some of the mess we are slowly going through . We were told that the moose was shot by Teddy Roosevelt and given as a gift to the people that once lived there (abandoned house no. 1).
I got an ACE 250 for Christmas - I can hardly wait for the ground to thaw!

mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 007 (2).jpg
    Picture 007 (2).jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 485
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 489
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 476
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

YIKES! Thatsalotta stuff. Run the Ace around the fireplace and see if there are any hidden caches in it.

PS, if you had orginally mentioned the grandfather=fisherman info, we could have saved our breath on the other ideas. Now you tell us......

Upvote 0

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Wow... I 'd love to sift through all that stuff! What a cool sleigh... Have fun with the ACE, and keep the whatsits comming! Sounds like you will never want for a place to MD.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
PS, if you had orginally mentioned the grandfather=fisherman info, we could have saved our breath on the other ideas. Now you tell us......
Sorry about that TT . When I first saw it I was thinking it might be some sort of Eskimo tool .

Upvote 0

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
YIKES! Thatsalotta stuff. Run the Ace around the fireplace and see if there are any hidden caches in it.

Haha....just joking Mojjax, you always have the most interesting whatzits...Come on dig around that pile and give us more...

Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Yes, we want more whatzits. PLEASE. The challenge, the mystery, the suspense...all good.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread