What's new

Old Jefferson Nickels

DesertTumbleweed402

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2008
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chicago
With the recent (few years now) design change on the nickels, does anyone think down the road, the high relief Jefferson nickels (old 1938-2003 design) will go up in value like the buffalo/bison nickel?
 
Upvote 0
I go through nickels every now and then, but only saving 1959 and older. Someday I may offer as mixed rolls on feeBay.
 
I've been going through nickels like a mofo lately trying to complete my 1938-2008 jefferson collection.

As with all coins, in TIME they DO go up in value. The questions then are: how MUCH time? and what is the MINTAGE of the coin? Lower the mintage and the longer you hold onto it the more it will be worth down the line.

I've been putting the sub 100mil mintages/pre 60 stuff into a bag as I find it while trying to complete my nickel book... I have yet to decide what out of that bag if anything to keep in the long run.

Naturally war nickels are keepers... as are the like 3-9mil mintages coins. But whether or not to keep those 20mil or 50mil or 90mil mintages is a matter of personal opinion which would include how many of them you have... how much space you have to store them, and how long you are willing to store them.

~Dave
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom