What's new

Old Lee Jeans Button Need Age

aftershock

Greenie
Joined
Dec 22, 2011
Messages
12
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found this old Lee Jeans button today and cannot find anything about this logo's age!

2exwwgo.jpg
 
The Lee clothing company started as H.D. Lee Mercantile in 1889 and dealt only with food at first.
This is the original logo
Lee logo.webp

It appears that they have used the Long L logo on certain lines over the years, but information on that particular logo has been sparse.

Here's some history from one site, there are a few more if you google "H.D. Lee history"
http://salinadowntown.com/index.php/about-2/history/
 
Upvote 0
Heres another!

Nice! Thought you might be interested that I found these today in my back yard at 6-8". This one doesn't have the long L. Also found a bronze medallion from the 1898 National Peace Jubilee in Chicago at the same depth. It's in pretty bad shape though. I think I may be working the old clothesline. I'll have to do some more in that area tomorrow.

DSCF6804.webp
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom