What's new

Old locket

mick56

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2007
Messages
1,348
Reaction score
1,149
Golden Thread
1
Location
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
ATPro
I picked up this locket at a garage sale last summer. Wondering hold old it may be. I think it might be white metal. Can't really tell if the photos were put in it, or if they were stock photos from when the locket was bought.
 

Attachments

  • lock1.webp
    lock1.webp
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,360
  • lock2.webp
    lock2.webp
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,331
  • lock3.webp
    lock3.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 1,319
1940's filagree caduceus locket.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
Take a magnifying glass and look at the photos. If you see they are made up of little tiny dots, then it is a print, not a photograph. Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Deftone said:
That appears to be an exact match that sold on eBay. Is this the same locket or not?

ADDED: The eBay ad says photos. I see some slight differences in the mounting and the eBay seller is in Florida so it must be the original stock prints when sold. You can also see Breezies dots. Not photographs. Good catch Deftone.

I say solved green check.
 

Attachments

  • locket.webp
    locket.webp
    112.3 KB · Views: 1,846
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
The locket on eBay looks identical to the one I have, but it is not the same one. Same photos in it, have to be the stock photos. I did not think the locket was that old. Could the locket be pewter? Thanks for all the help!
 
Upvote 0
The moire pattern in the pictures looks like newspaper print - I'm a graphic designer and have to work around that all of the time.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom