What's new

Old looking button sized object

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
My brother found this in his yard. His house dates back to the 1700s. I offered to try to find out what it is and snapped a few pictures. He has the item so this is all I have. The picture of the back did not come out that well but it has a notch on the edge. It is solid & heavy for it's size.

Thank you!
 

Attachments

  • 100_12622.webp
    100_12622.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 345
  • 100_12632.webp
    100_12632.webp
    71.4 KB · Views: 335
  • 100_12652.webp
    100_12652.webp
    104.8 KB · Views: 418
Hey Bramble, it looks like some type of mold; maybe a snap button mold? I lighten the darker pic for you. Interesting find, Breezie
 

Attachments

  • Snap_Fastening_Die_Mold.webp
    Snap_Fastening_Die_Mold.webp
    22.3 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_12632.webp
    100_12632.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 0
Thank you Breezie! Definitely some similarities with what you posted - great thinking!

I will see if what I can find using that lead. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom