Adventureson 1

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2014
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello--This is my first time posting as I am new to this site. I've spent much time reading the different threads and looking at everyone's treasures and enjoy it very much. Still have to get used to working this site as I'm not that great with a computer yet but thought I'd post a couple of items that were found about 20 years ago near a Rev war site somewhere in the Philadelphia or Jersey area. These were given to me by a friend along with many other items that he had found over the years in that area. I do own a Tesoro that I had purchased and used one time appx. 10 years ago here in Florida and plan to begin hunting very shortly as I'm beginning to get the fever. Hoping someone is able to identify these two items I have posted. If not, that's okay. Mostly wanted to share something before I got started with my new hobby. Thanks

Attachments

• 046.JPG
    046.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    75.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 051.JPG
    051.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 107
  • 056.JPG
    056.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 100

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the colored enamel one is a WW2 era 'son in service' pin, worn by a mother to show that her son was in the service. multiple stars would indicate multiple sons. this one was evidently in the Air Corps

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and by the way... a gold star would indicate that he had been killed in action or during his service

Upvote 0

olroy70

Feb 3, 2011
gainesville, tx
Detector(s) used
Garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the colored enamel one is a WW2 era 'son in service' pin, worn by a mother to show that her son was in the service. multiple stars would indicate multiple sons. this one was evidently in the Air Corps

It is army air corp. Not medical!

Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
It's civilian, not army air corps. It's for a blue star mother, WWII her son probably, but possibly daughter, women were in the service during that time, and the pin indicates one child was in the service, and in this case air corps. There were also signs something like the pin that were placed in windows. I remember delivering news papers to a family with a gold star in the window, which indicated KIA.

Upvote 0

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's civilian, not army air corps. It's for a blue star mother, WWII her son probably, but possibly daughter, women were in the service during that time, and the pin indicates one child was in the service, and in this case air corps. There were also signs something like the pin that were placed in windows. I remember delivering news papers to a family with a gold star in the window, which indicated KIA.

Really places things in perspective. Amazing that there was such a sense of duty in our nation during that time.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread