Old Missouri reliable

mikeshayne

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri
I was not able to get out much the last couple of weeks but I dodged the deer hunters this last weekend to detect some spots where I did not have to wear hunter orange. I will post the other pics later but here is another set of shot civil war bullets from my hill in central Missouri. It is amazing that I have been able to pull over 160 bullets from this hill and it is small, unassuming and was nothing more than an afterthought when I first detected it. I have yet to find any other spot in town with civil war relics although I know there was other activity in town.

The broken pieces at the bottom of the page were in one hole and appear to be part of a harmonica reed. Dating would be hard considering the hill it littered with 150 years of trash.

I am hoping to hit northeastern Mississippi over Thanksgiving for a serious multi day civil war hunt.

Wish me luck. thanks for stopping by

Attachments

• 11-12-11.jpg
    11-12-11.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 1,801
Upvote 0
U

umrgolf

Good luck on the trip, Mike :headbang: sorry I couldn't meet up, totally forgot about deer season :laughing9: ttys :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
M

mikeshayne

Jul 24, 2011
Missouri
umrgolf said:
Good luck on the trip, Mike :headbang: sorry I couldn't meet up, totally forgot about deer season :laughing9: ttys :icon_thumleft:

Hey not a problem, I finally got to try an antebellum house here in central Missouri that I have wanted to detect for over 10 years. I think it has promise. Maybe we can hit the ground right after Thanksgiving. I think Abe should be recuperated by then.

U

umrgolf

mikeshayne said:
umrgolf said:

Hey not a problem, I finally got to try an antebellum house here in central Missouri that I have wanted to detect for over 10 years. I think it has promise. Maybe we can hit the ground right after Thanksgiving. I think Abe should be recuperated by then.

Yes that sounds great :)

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
interesting bullets ...congrats ! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread