Old Park find!

D

doyboy

I decided to hit another old park in my town today. This one was established back in the late 1870s or sometime around there. This park is much larger than the townsquare that I was finding the old coins in just recently. This one has been hit VERY hard in the past and I also saw a plug from another detectorist; so it is being hit today as well. Once again, to find old coins here one needs to have patience and dig every signal. I detected for about an hour and a half with nothing to show for, but I knew that if I stayed patient I would find something "good." I soon got a "jumpy" reading that stayed consitent on 50 VDI for two swings and then made a "crackling" sound the rest. I pinpointed it and it came out to be 3.5", I decided to dig it. After digging down to about 3.5" I soon saw a coin. It turned out to be what I believe is an 1899 Indian Head; it is very difficult to see in the picture. I felt a sense of pride in knowing that I had beaten the detectorists before me that missed this one. I will be going back to this same area soon and hitting it at different angles. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• Park find.jpg
    Park find.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 421
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

doyboy

Thanks for the replies. I have found 24 Indian Heads this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions