Chest Found fastest ever in Hting career 2 hours 30 minutes

yanis

Aug 9, 2004
Well the story is short as short as the adventure from talking, to planning, surveying,
Detecting and recovery 2 hours 30 minutes. Fastest on my 20 years on the field.
Been hired to detect a chest on my town by a local, fixed fee, on his own property.
The contain unknown he paid me on the spot and I went my way.
I dought if gold was in it as while we pulled it out of the hole there was no resistance no weight.
Got a nice picture to post but the site it is only allows for 128k and my pict is 247 I think.
Regards to all.
Yanis

Attachments

• chest1.jpg
    chest1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,205
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd tell the owner to keep the fee. I want to see what's inside! ;D

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on man,you can't do something like that here and leave us hanging like that! :) :o ??? You HAVE to find out what was in the box.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting! I'm curious what's in it and what do you charge for doing something like that? I've done a few hunts for rings and things but didn't charge, I have accepted a small reward a few times to cover the $6.00 per gallon of gas here in Europe. HH, Mike

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some old GE Stock Cert!!! Be nice to know.... See if the guy shows up in a new Cadillac!!

Raoul

May 5, 2004
Perth West Australia
Good job Yanis,i have 2 questions for you .
How deep in the ground was the chest and What detector was you using. The chest looks in good condition and doesn't look like its been in the ground that long.
;) Raoul

M

Maverick

"I want to see what's inside! " ~~~~~ willie d

"good times -- although I really want to know what is in the trunk!! " ~~~~ Gabbit

This is much like what Pandora said before she opened her box!

Be careful of what you wish for........

I dont think the box was buried if you look at the picture above, it was stashed behind the foundation wall under the house.

OP
OP
Y

yanis

Aug 9, 2004
For all the questions I had so far,
It wasn?t deep at all, Just under the concrete slab dug from the one side of the old structure, not that old maybe 50-60 years old,
It was wrapped with military type canvas, Also there was no lock on this trunk, The lid did not open as I was puling it out as I did had my hands on in but again the latches was holding it in place.
The house was inside large acreage all fenced in, the place was literally dug out I observe more than 20 holes or areas that someone had dug before, I did suspected more holes that had been covered.
I detected the septic tank about 20 feet from that little house verified the dimensions and overall shape did follow the sewer line to the house nothing else on the grounds as I had combed the area with a 2 meter coil on my Pulse star, so I concentrate on the structure it self, I did detected a lot of conduit and other pipes coming out of the house, I did use a SD2200 around the house, that spot was the only spot that did give me an indication of something and no pipes was around I also had a indication from a distance for that spot,
The agreement was $1,000.00 cash no questions asked.
I consider my self lucky, The last time I accept same kind of assignment on someone?s property looking for 200 maple leafs upon the find he went into his house called the sheriff and he kicked me out of his property.
Regards
To all
Yanis

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
IF He Wasn't A Whole Lot Bigger, Badder And Toting A Gun, I Would Have Had To Take A Peek. Curiosity Killed The Cat, But Satisfaction Brought Him Back. trk5capt...

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
For this guy to pay you $1000 to find the trunk, it was either filled with lots of cash/stock certificates or his wifes body! Very nice job Yanis! And you can believe Id be paying a little 3:00AM visit to your freind who called the cops after you found his maple leafs! Some people just shouldnt have the priveledge of walking without a bad limp..................... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread