Old park gives up a silver ring. Is this a makers mark?

metalworker

Aug 8, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my son went out to a park from 1919. I came to a signal that was a few inches down that rang up as quarter. Turned out to be a very lovely silver ring with a birthstone. I found where it says 925 on the other side is a 0 is that a makers mark or 20151017_155831.jpg20151017_155844.jpg20151017_155910.jpg20151017_155856.jpg20151017_155800.jpg? Any info would be appreciated. We also found lots of clad a few wheat pennies and some odds and ends. Best of all we had some fun. Here is the ring. Thanks for any help.

Upvote 7
Wow! I love old style craftsmanship and that is really a pretty ring!

Very nice!

I think 925 indicates its newer. Sterling means its old. At least in my limited experience

WHADIFIND me to, not sure if it is old or made to look older. Sorry toasted I know 925 means silver, I believe it came to use in America in 1868 I was referring to the 0 on the other side. Not sure if that is a year or maker or ? But thanks for trying to help.

WHADIFIND me to, not sure if it is old or made to look older. Sorry toasted I know 925 means silver, I believe it came to use in America in 1868 I was referring to the 0 on the other side. Not sure if that is a year or maker or ? But thanks for trying to help.

Old or not, the style of the crafting is old. I love it!

I was thinking about that little circle and I'm almost ready to call that a sort of something to craft the ring. Sort of like it being soldered to something to hold it whilst the crafting took place. :dontknow:

Let me try again. All of the silver rings marked with only 925 that I have found are newer. All of the silver rings that I have found that were marked only with the word STERLING are at least 50 years old

I know toasted I was just saying sorry because I thought you misunderstood me, I thought maybe I worded it wrong, my question refers to the 0 and I was also saying I do appreciate your input and any and all help is appreciated. It is possible WHADIFIND. I was hoping it was a mark for a year or maker so I could narrow down a year it was made, but that sounds reasonable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back