What's new

Old part of town in wappy

willy99

Greenie
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
19
Reaction score
16
Golden Thread
0
Location
wapanucka
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found these tax checks, shot shell cases an trade token in a 10'x10' spot
 
WP_20150615_001.webp
 

Attachments

  • WP_20150615_004.webp
    WP_20150615_004.webp
    282 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Nice! I have been researching the O. D. Yohe gum token for a number of years. He was in business in Lincoln, NE from about 1915 until he moved to Kansas City, MO. In Lincoln he made vending machines and in KCMO he is listed in the 1951 Telephone directory as the Yohe Gum Co. Orrie David Yohe died in 1953. This type of token was used in slot machines that vended gum and might pay off a bit with these tokens.
John in the Great 208
 
John I tried to find stuff on the token an kept coming up with the machine itself an a guy named jim Vaughn helped me an said this token was only made in 1918 in Lincoln Nebraska but I'm still not sure lol thanx for the info!!
 
More pics
 

Attachments

  • WP_20150615_005.webp
    WP_20150615_005.webp
    256.3 KB · Views: 222
  • WP_20150615_003.webp
    WP_20150615_003.webp
    286.3 KB · Views: 216
  • WP_20150615_010.webp
    WP_20150615_010.webp
    270.5 KB · Views: 228
  • WP_20150615_011.webp
    WP_20150615_011.webp
    258.3 KB · Views: 218
  • WP_20150615_009.webp
    WP_20150615_009.webp
    368.4 KB · Views: 223
Oh an a part of a pocket watch in this same spot
 

Attachments

  • WP_20150617_007.webp
    WP_20150617_007.webp
    289.8 KB · Views: 212
Willy--

The fellow who is the current cataloger of Michigan tokens says that diework is from a Detroit maker and dates to pretty close to 1918. That was when Yohe was in Lincoln, NE. So Lincoln has been the spot I have always figured the token was first used, but no listings for his gum business have ever been found there, so the NE catalogers haven't accepted that attribution. On the other hand, there is the MO listing and the MO cataloger likes it, even though it is much later than the 1918 date for the diework. As one fellow used to say, "Mavericks are not for the faint of heart."
John
John I tried to find stuff on the token an kept coming up with the machine itself an a guy named jim Vaughn helped me an said this token was only made in 1918 in Lincoln Nebraska but I'm still not sure lol thanx for the info!!
 
Good Stuff, Congrats! Don't know how I missed it a couple days ago.
 
Thanx John, I think is pretty cool I found it in Wapanucka ok, the old railway runs through my yard an it was bout 80 yrds from it
 
The one I have was found in southern Idaho. Slot machine tokens traveled a lot.
John
Thanx John, I think is pretty cool I found it in Wapanucka ok, the old railway runs through my yard an it was bout 80 yrds from it
 
Really neat finds. I really like finding trade tokens, tax checks, and old age assistance tokens. I found a UMC shot shell casing, last week, that was manufactured between 1846 - 1849, and wondered how something that old ended up in Guthrie. Like the fella said, we're digging history one piece at a time. Stay after it!
 
U.B., I really like how the umc casing page is set up an easy to find what ur looking for.. An that reminds me I found a few more casings there too an actually learned something I didn't know on rim fire casings.. I'll see if I can find them an post em
 
Last edited:
I have some tax tokens like this one found in my hometown in OK well. I have found a few with my md and also have some my great grandfather held onto and passed down.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom