Old Peace/Religous Aluminum Sign: PLEASE HELP!

CaseKeatley

Greenie
Dec 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While metal detecting near an old bottle dump today, I came across this aluminum/tin sign that caught my eye. It measures 17.5 by 13 inches, and has a peace sign with praying hands and a cross. (I put a quarter on it for size comparison) I found it in Bedford, Virginia, and need help figuring out what it is! It has no makers mark and the back is white.
Thanks!
image.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 110

Breezie

Gold Member
Oct 3, 2009
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Spectrum~Garrett's Pro-Pointer~VibraProbe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking it's a symbolic sign for 'Pray for Peace.' Is it tin or aluminum?

Interesting :)
Breezie
WELCOME to the forum!

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting symbol...The hippie peace sign combined with the cross of Christ. Sure looks like the kind a thing from the late 60s early 70s I'd say. Be fun to find the story behind it. There was this Hippie for Jesus type movement in the early 70s I recall as a youngster in my teens. You'd see the freaks at your county fairs and other public gatherings. They'd come up and say "hey brother do you know the Lord" Sur I'd say, but I thought they wanted to sell me some drugs at the same time, so I just told them thanks man and moved on. Sure are different times then today? Or maybe we just all look different? I know I sure do.

Upvote 0

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
CaseKeatley,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
Looks like you already figured out what your object is.
BTW, the 'peace symbol' you see, without the clasped hands or cross, was first created in 1958, so that will give you a starting point should you wish to do further research. (Clasped hands and the cross are 'add ons' to the original symbol.)
Don...

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread