Old Photos and Letters new pictures

HotRodder

Nov 14, 2006
Detector(s) used
White 5000/D CoinMaster GEB/TR Disc.
This is a treasure find out of a building I bought some time back and it seems to go back to 1911-12-13. In the attic there was an old leather sachel full of old pictures and letters of recomendations from the top manufacturres of all kinds of cooking supplies that were sent to various people and signed by the heads of those companies. They were part of cooking classes that were given all across the United States. Most seem to be midwest and Northwest.The Pictures showed all sorts of cook stoves and pots and pans for sale at that time, depicting young ladies in there finerys and young gentlmen dressed in there finest. The letters were placed on some form of cheese cloth and also some old news papers of that time span as well.
My question is, what might be there value and where would I go to sell them or find some one interested in them. They are really a snap shot of life and times of the early 1900's. The brief case is from that time span also with stickers from various states as the person who carried it placed them on the bag.

Attachments

• PIC1.JPG
    PIC1.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 288
  • AD4.JPG
    AD4.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 369

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Old Photos and Letters

Things like these are always wonderful insights of the way things were. If some of these documents. . . or the old leather satchel they were in. . . relate to companies that are still in business, it would be worth contacting them as they may have a personal interest in preserving/displaying some of your finds. The true value of documents such as these sometimes cannot be measured in dollars, but rather the historic information they provide. You also may want to contact local historical societies in the area, I'm sure they would love to take a peek. . . who knows, they may have additional info that would help in your quest.

Take care,
watercolor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions