springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,guys,I need a little help ID'ing this old pick if possible. I've been meaning to post this on here but just now got around to doing so. The pick,or whatever it is,measures about 10 1/4 inches. If this helps you guys out in any way of ID'ing it,it was found inches away from an old pocket knife and found in an area where they did some logging years back. I don't really exactly remember how deep it was...I think maybe about 3-5 inches. A huge Civil War bullet was also found in the same area and a few round balls in the fields nearby. However,I kinda doubt that this tool is Civil War Era but,who knows,I learn something every day. :P If anyone knows what it is or what it was used for,it would be a huge help for me and would be greatly appreciated. Happy Hunting! ~CJ Old Pick 1.JPG Old Pick 2.JPG

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a poker for a wood burning stove, but they are usually longer, so yours may be a broke one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
springsnrings

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might be a poker for a wood burning stove, but they are usually longer, so yours may be a broke one.

I would agree with you if it weren't for one thing about it. It doesn't look broke at all on the end of the "handle" part. It's very smooth and rounded off at the bottom instead and has retained some of its original steel color or whatever it was made of,so I believe it's all in one piece and was made that way except maybe something that probably covered the handle at one point. If it were a broken at the bottom,I would assume it would be a little rougher on the end or crustier where the metal had broke or the rust got to it. I'm sorry that I didn't really get a good picture of the handle part but,your guess was as good as mine. That's what I actually thought it was at first...definitely looks like one. :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
springsnrings

springsnrings

Apr 24, 2013
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Er...I think I may have found out what it could be? LOL XD Perhaps a Civil War surgical tool missing the black on the handle? It looks like the last black handled tool in this picture at the top? Kinda creepy if that's what it is but yeah... Can anyone verify that? Civil War Surgery Tools.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread