What's new

Old places are never hunted out...

lisfisher

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
582
Reaction score
1,027
Golden Thread
2
Location
CT
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This morning I revisited a place my buddy and I went hunting about 6 months ago. That day my buddy found a 1737 King George half cent and the same place I had found two Indian head ecents the same day. This morning I went back and hunted the same trail. Within the first 5 minutes I found a { 1738 I think } King George half cent and this old { pewter?} button. The marking on the button is very intesresting, wish I could figure out what it is .Almost looks like the cross you'd see on an 8 reale.Sorry for the huge picture area but I struggled with this.
 

Attachments

  • coin&button.webp
    coin&button.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 687
  • coin side2.webp
    coin side2.webp
    21.2 KB · Views: 678
Upvote 0
I reduced them so they are easier to view.
VERY nice finds!!!
Congratulations!
 

Attachments

  • indexCA7F22G7.webp
    indexCA7F22G7.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 621
  • indexCAIHGFW1.webp
    indexCAIHGFW1.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 618
thanks for the smaller pics!
 
GREAT stuff!

Maybe the cross from a genuine coin was used as for a pewter button mold ??? ??? (SWAG)

Very nice!
watercolor
 
WHOA! Would like to see the button cleaned up. AWESOME COIN GUY! Congrats......Hogge :thumbsup:
 
Nice coin. Would be interesting to see how it looks cleaned up.
Congratulations. (blklab)
 
Sweet finds lisfisher :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the resize TY :thumbsup:

G1
 
lisfisher said:
This morning I revisited a place my buddy and I went hunting about 6 months ago. That day my buddy found a 1737 King George half cent and the same place I had found two Indian head ecents the same day. This morning I went back and hunted the same trail. Within the first 5 minutes I found a { 1738 I think } King George half cent and this old { pewter?} button. The marking on the button is very intesresting, wish I could figure out what it is .Almost looks like the cross you'd see on an 8 reale.Sorry for the huge picture area but I struggled with this.
Is there any loop/attachment on the back of the button. From the picture it looks like a token of some kind.
hh robert
 
Great finds!!!! :thumbsup:
 
robfinds - yes there is a loop attachment on the back of the button.
 
I agree 100 percent. Everytime I concentrate on the front yard of that old place I hunt out pops something else that I have missed. I've hunted it on every hunt too.
 
This place is an old trail/log road that goes into the woods. Much of it is on inclines or declines. When we get heavy rains, the road washes away just enough to get signals on things that were perhaps too deep the last time.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom