What's new

Old plow?

The Monk

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
Messages
42
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
West Virginia
This is more of a 'when is it' than a what is it. I'm pretty sure these are parts from an old plow but I'm not sure of the age. Next to the plow I found a glass bottle from the mid 19th century. This was found in an wooded area I've been exploring for the last few years. I was hoping that maybe someone could help determine the age of the plow.
 

Attachments

  • photo 1.webp
    photo 1.webp
    150.2 KB · Views: 571
  • photo 2.webp
    photo 2.webp
    134.6 KB · Views: 557
  • photo 3.webp
    photo 3.webp
    127.9 KB · Views: 550
  • photo 4.webp
    photo 4.webp
    105.7 KB · Views: 545
im thinking it was a piece of equipment powered from a seperate steam engine from the big smooth flywheel on it.

being in w. va. its most likely left over from the logging days. i dont know what the part is called that

you lay the logs on that moves them into the saw blade, but thats what im thinkin it is. just my wag.
 
Upvote 0
I recommend contacting the West Virginia Farm Museum and get their input on it.. i think they'd be your best source of information on antique agricultural equipment. They have a website with contact links at http://wvfarmmuseum.org/

Rick
 
Upvote 0
olroy70 said:
Not to worry. I was raised on a farm, and would have traded many days.........

Know more than I ever wanted!!!!!!

"I was raised on a farm"

You're part of a dying breed. Consider yourself blessed.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom